Work Year: Remainder of 2019-2020 school year; anticipated continuance beyond June 30, 2020, contingent on availability of federal funding
Salary/Stipend: Stipend $5000.00 to be paid in two equal installments, the first half-way between the start date and June 30, 2020 and the second on or near June 30, 2020.
Description: Kennebec Intra-district Schools (KIDS RSU 2) is accepting applications for a person who will oversee the RSU’s Federal ESEA 2019-2020 approved application.
We welcome any candidate who is:
- Eager to join a team of hard-working, optimistic, creative colleagues
- Fully prepared to step into the middle of the year ready to assume the management and coordination of the federal ESEA grants, to include Title I, Title II, Title IV, and Title V, distributed across school-level and district-level projects
- Experienced in the oversight and implementation of Federal ESEA applications, including the annual updating of the Comprehensive Needs Assessment and timely completion of reports
- Able to facilitate the high quality implementation of the slate of approved projects the district has developed to include the review and approval of expenditures
- Skilled at time management and completing reports on time
- A steward of the organization and confident in vetting ideas and communications within a team
- Interested in, efficient at, and reliable when working remotely (for a portion of the time)
- Earned Bachelor of Education (Masters preferred)
- Strong background in and thorough understanding of federal accountability systems
- Experience as a federally funded educator or supervisor
- Strong background in project management and oversight
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
Qualifications and Dispositions Required for Success
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the skills and dispositions listed below, which are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interpersonal/Communication Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Demonstrates ability to successfully work with principals. teachers and parents. Ability to facilitate meetings and make presentations
Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community. Ability to draft correspondence and routine reports. Ability to read and interpret documents and internal communication.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money. Ability to interpret student achievement data.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in the usage of database software, internet software, e-mail and word processing software. Ability to proficiently use the following programs required: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, parents, members of the community and others. Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with interruptions.
In order to apply for this position please submit the following information:
Maine DOE Criminal History and Background Check approval (CHRC)
Letter of interest
Three references (Name, Current Position, Professional relationship to candidate, Phone Number)
Send application packet to: RSU #2 Office of the Superintendent
Attn. Mary Paine, Acting Superintendent
7 Reed St
Hallowell, ME 04347
Packets may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this position, please contact Mary Paine at email@example.com or (207)622-6351 ext. 410.
Applications will close when a suitable applicant is found.
Thank you for your interest in our schools.