Contract Year: Remainder of 2019-2020 School Year, with anticipated continuance beyond June 30, 2020, contingent on availability of federal funding
Salary Range: Based on Teacher Salary Scale, prorated to start date through June 30, 2020
Description: Kennebec Intra-district Schools (KIDS RSU 2) is accepting applications for a Mathematics Instructional Coach for the remainder of 2019-2020 school year, with anticipated continuance of the position beyond June 30, 2019 contingent upon availability of federal funds.
We welcome any candidate who is:
- Experienced in elementary classroom math teaching
- In command of the Maine Learning Results in mathematics with particular strengths in grades K-8;
- Prepared to help design and implement a cutting-edge mathematics academic program that emphasizes the development of transferable mathematical reasoning through applied learning experiences;
- An expert in using formative assessment processes to inform adjustments to instruction and summative assessment analysis to inform programmatic adjustments; and
- Eager to join a team of hard-working, optimistic, creative colleagues
Education and Credentials:
- Valid, current Maine professional teaching certification in mathematics
- Minimum of five years of successful, full-time teaching experience in mathematics
- Minimum of three (3) years of school-based or as a district instructional coach and/or successful completion of an instructional coach program with an accredited university
Professional Dispositions: Self-aware, reflective practitioner with a strong commitment to continuous learning; Motivated to see students and teachers succeed; Effective written and oral communication skills; Strong organizational skills; Strong goal-setting skills; Pleasant demeanor; Unquestioned integrity; Driven by principles and values
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent, the Mathematics Instructional Coach is expected to:
- Work directly with classroom teachers to improve student outcomes in mathematics by increasing teachers’ skill and confidence in delivering mathematics instruction
- Help lead district-level curriculum development as part of an established team of teachers and administrators
- Provide personalized support based on the goals and identified needs of individual teachers and educational technicians
- Identify high-needs areas district wide, and lead professional development activities in consultation with district administrators
- Work closely with the Literacy Instructional Coach to foster a culture of openness, collaboration, and ongoing growth
- Carry out other duties relevant to the position
The complete Teacher Bargaining Agreement is available on this website in the Employment Contracts folder under the Menu/Documents/Employment Contracts section. For information about this position please contact Acting Superintendent Mary Paine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The “Professional” application form is available on this website in the Employee Applications folder located under the Menu/Documents/District Forms section. In order to be considered for this position a completed RSU 2 application form must accompany your packet.
Please submit the completed and signed application form, letter of interest with illustration of teaching philosophy, resume, transcripts and Maine DOE certification to:
Acting Superintendent of Schools
KIDS RSU #2
7 Reed Street
Hallowell, Maine 04347
Complete application packets may also be sent to email@example.com.
Tel. (207) 622-6351
Fax: (207) 622-7866
For a complete listing of job openings please visit www.servingschools.com.
Thank you for your interest in our schools.