RSU #2 SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
RSU 2 seeks a dynamic, energetic, experienced educator to lead our mission to cultivate hope in all learners. We believe that hope — which leads to confidence, engagement, and well-being — is as important as content knowledge to develop in learners of all ages. Our schools place learners at the center of everything we do.
Our district serves approximately 2,150 learners from five small towns set amidst the picturesque rolling hills and riverside main streets of central Maine’s Kennebec Valley: Dresden, Farmingdale, Hallowell, Monmouth, and Richmond. Our ten schools (four elementary, three middle, and three high schools) are the heart of our communities, and we receive strong support from families, businesses, and local officials. Ours is a district committed to public education.
RSU 2 is a pioneer of proficiency-based, learner-centered education in Maine and the nation. We ensure that individual learners move at an appropriate pace to meet their goals, and we aim to continually group and re-group learners to keep them challenged and engaged. Our research-based model of education rests on five tenets of learning:
1. Learner agency: Individual learners drive their own learning process.
2. Engaged learners: Individual learners are engaged in learning that is in their zone of proximal development and interest.
3. Clear, attainable targets: Learners understand and follow a clear progression of learning targets.
4. Continual feedback: Teachers regularly gather evidence to provide feedback to learners.
5. Applied learning: We embed applied learning opportunities into the curriculum at all levels.
Our next leader will continue the exciting progress we have made in learner-centered education and help us reach even higher.
In order to receive an Administrator application form, please contact Sue Corbett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume, RSU 2 Administrator application form, as well as three letters of reference, Maine certificate and transcripts to RSU #2, 7 Reed St, Hallowell, ME 04347 or email application packet to Sue Corbett.
Applications will close June 1, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in our schools.