Learning Software and Help-desk Manager
Join the RSU 2 Information Technology Team
The RSU 2 Information Technology Team is seeking a highly organized and skilled Learning Software and Help-desk Manager to manage and coordinate software licenses and subscriptions and provide help-desk services across the 9 campuses of the RSU. This is a grant-funded, full-time position lasting through the 2020-21 school year with anticipated funding to continue the position through the 2021-22 school year. The Learning Software Manager will work remotely when duties can be carried out remotely and reports to the Director of Information Technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support rollout of software and subscriptions that support instruction and learning
- Manage user accounts and passwords for staff, teachers, students in various software and subscription services
- Manage account and data uploads and downloads as necessary in software or subscription data console
- Maintain student accounts, passwords and groups in GSuite
- Manage dates of assessment windows, or other back-end data needs to maintain full functionality of software or subscription learning systems
- Manage data synchronization between software or subscription service with district systems such as Infinite Campus, Clever etc.
- Manage and/or coordinate training and professional development for staff and students for software or subscription service to include training for new staff or other users
- Maintain a district internal website page with descriptions, purpose, developmental level, availability, and other details of subscriptions and/or software with the purpose of informing staff, teachers, students etc of the resources available.
- Maintain a shared spreadsheet of digital platforms, software or subscriptions used in the district, number of licenses, how they are licensed and renewal dates, where in the district it is in use, where in the district it’s available, costs etc.
- Inform Information Technology Director and Assistant Superintendent of budget or licensing dates and procure or prepare quotes and POs in order to maintain licensing without lapses in service
- Maintain daily availability for technical support for staff and students in regard to login, or other technical issues with a one hour or less response time per incident
- Work with IT Director, Assistant Superintendent, and technology integrators to ensure communication of availability of systems, and outages to ensure successful rollout and maximize effectiveness
- Ensure the output of the behind pace lists at the interval set by the school principals. (Code development or alteration is not an expectation.)
- Support students and families remotely with district-owned technology, basic internet connectivity and basic hardware and software\subscription service troubleshooting to maintain instructional functionality at home with the distinct software and subscription services, remote classroom and conferencing etc.
- Maintain a shared daily log of tasks completed and support tickets
Credentials and Qualifications
- Associates degree in Computer Science or similar
- Criminal Records History Check (CRHC) clearance
- Excellent Spreadsheet and database skills
- Experienced managing learning software preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of and unerring practice of confidentiality
For more information about this position please contact Director of IT John Armentrout at email@example.com.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, transcripts and 3 letters of recommendation and RSU 2 *Support Staff application form to:
KIDS RSU #2
Attn. Sue Corbett
7 Reed Street
Hallowell, Maine 04347
OR scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
*The “Support Staff” application form is available on this website in the employment section.
For a complete list of postings please visit www.servingschools.com