Search Site

This search form uses an instant search feature. As you type, search results will appear automatically below the search field. When you've entered you desired search terms use tab to navigate through the available results and hit enter to open the selected page or document.
Food Resources for Families
Food Resources for Families
Chrissy Michaud
Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Resources for Families to access over summer vacation


As schools are winding down, RSU 2 School Nutrition Department would like to make you aware of some resources that are in your communities to help with food insecurities.  We hope you have a wonderful summer, enjoy the weather, stay safe and we will see you all back in the fall!


Meals for 18 and younger will be available at:

Monmouth Meals-Monmouth Town Office Parking Lot daily from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.  If you need assistance with picking up meals, please call 207-377-2924

Richmond Meals- Marcia Buker Elementary School. Please call Richmond Rec. Department to sign up for those meals ahead of time. (207) 737-4305 ext. 350 Mid Coast Hunger will be providing those meals

Hallowell/Farmingdale: Kennebec Area Head Start will be setting up meal stations in Hallowell and Farmingdale. More information to follow or you can call: 207-582-3110

Food Pantries:

North Monmouth: 151 N. Main St., North Monmouth, ME 04265, 207-933-2400. You can be found them on Facebook @

Hours of operation are: Tuesdays: 11:30 AM-12:30 PM & 5:30PM-6:30PM

                                                Wednesdays: 5:00PM-6:00PM


Cottrell/Taylor Baskets (Monmouth) continue to provide assistance during this Pandemic. All requests are confidential. Contact Laurie Gifford 207-933-4743

Hallowell: Fire Station (Lower Level) 207-992-6899 you can find them on Facebook @

Open every Friday from 1-2PM

Richmond: Richmond Area Food Pantry, 15 Spruce St. Richmond, ME 04357, 207-607-2777.  You can find them on Facebook @

Open the First Wednesday 4:00PM-6:00PM and the Third Saturday 9:00AM-11:00AM


Department of Health and Human Services:

If your child was categorically eligible for free/reduced meals, you can apply for P-EBT benefits for your child. Call your local DHHS office for more information.

SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) (formally known as Food Stamps) link to apply:

TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Use the same link as above to apply. TANF provides cash assistance to families with dependent children (pending qualification). It will also help with job training and education.

P-EBT Card (Pandemic EBT Card) This food supplement card are four families that have children who qualify for Free/Reduced in school. See attached Flyer.

Your Local Town’s Municipal Office can assist with:

General Assistance for:

                Household or personal supplies



                Fuel & Utilities

                Medical items such as prescriptions, dental, medical supplies, etc.