HALL-DALE MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT SUCCESS TUTOR
FOR 2021-2022 [Grant funded]
- Provide learning support for students in grades 5-8 in core subjects that includes assisting students with:
- Accessing, organizing, and completing assignments
- Reviewing and reinforcing learning previously introduced by the classroom or special education teachers and assisting with practice activities
- Consult with teachers and administrators to meet student needs.
- Ability to work during school hours and/or after school hours.
- Conduct one-on-one or small group learning support either in person or virtually with indirect professional supervision
- Work closely with Education Liaison and teaching staff to ensure students' needs are met.
- Model & foster critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity skills.
- Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, and build confidence in students.
- Create documentation of lessons for progress monitoring.
- Alert Education Liaison to any problems involving students.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information.
- Participate in professional development and required workshops by request of the Building Administrator.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in education in grades 5-8 or working with middle-school-age students.
- Pay $20 per hour. 16-20 hours per week.
- Must be flexible with work hours. Most weeks the hours will be from 12:00pm to 4pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Must be able to work with students at Hall-Dale Middle School BOTH in person and possibly remotely.
- Open until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information about this position please contact Kelly Byron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit a scanned packet containing a letter of interest, transcripts, Maine DOE Criminal History and Background Check Approval, resume, and three references to Sue Corbett at email@example.com.
Or mail to: KIDS RSU 2
7 Reed St
Hallowell, ME 04347