Bus Routes for 2019-2020
- Dresden Bus Routes
- Hall-Dale Bus Routes
- Monmouth Morning Bus Routes - Monmouth Afternoon Bus Routes
- Richmond Bus Routes
Bus safety is very important especially during Maine winters. Please click the image below for safety tips and the Maine law regarding school bus safety.
Note to Richmond Parents and Day Care Facilities:
Please click to see the note here regarding bus schedules on days when activities or events occur.
THE MAINE ASSOCIATION FOR PUPIL TRANSPORTATION ASKS YOU TO JOIN FORCES TO PROTECT OUR STUDENTS
- Dress students in bright, easily seen clothing.
- Warm clothing is certainly necessary but should not obstruct their vision.
- Equip students with backpacks or book bags so students do not endanger themselves recovering dropped items.
- Students should be at the bus stop a few minutes before the bus arrives but not more than five minutes before.
- Remind students of their responsibility for proper behavior on the bus so that the driver will not be distracted.
- Do not push or shove while getting on or off the bus.
- Use your book bag to carry all of your belongings.
- When crossing the road, cross at least ten feet in front of the bus. Wait for the bus driver's signal before crossing the road.
- Always check for traffic yourself before crossing the road.
- Walk directly away from the bus when you get off.
- Never walk alongside the bus or hang onto the bus when it is moving.
- If you drop something tell an adult.
- Count the students before and after they get off the bus. Double check the side and front crossover mirrors for “all clear” before moving the bus.
- If distracted by actions on the bus, check the mirrors again before moving the bus.
- Constantly watch and listen for anyone trying to alert you to a hazard.
- Report students who are disruptive to school officials.
- Notify school officials when students do not comply with safety rules.