RICHMOND MS/HS STUDENT SUCCESS TUTOR
FOR 2022-2023 [Grant funded]
- Provide learning support for students in core subjects that includes assisting students with:
- Accessing, organizing, and completing assignments
- Reviewing and reinforcing learning previously introduced by the classroom or special education teachers and assisting with practice activities
- Consult with teachers and administrators to meet student needs.
- Ability to work during school hours and/or after school hours.
- Conduct one-on-one or small group learning support either in person or virtually with indirect professional supervision
- Work closely with teaching staff to ensure students' needs are met.
- Model & foster critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity skills.
- Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, and build confidence in students.
- Create documentation of lessons for progress monitoring.
- Alert teachers to any problems involving students.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information.
- Participate in professional development and required workshops by request of the Building Administrator.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in education.
- Up to 10 hours per week.
- Must be flexible with work hours.
- Must be able to work with students at Richmond Middle School and High School both in person and possibly remotely.
- Open until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information about this position please contact Kristie Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit a scanned packet containing a letter of interest, transcripts, Maine DOE Criminal History and Background Check Approval, resume, and three references to Sue Corbett at email@example.com.
Or mail to: KIDS RSU 2, 7 Reed St, Hallowell, ME 04347