“We know that Maine teachers are doing amazing work educating our students, especially through the impossible challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Commissioner Pender Makin. “By putting a name forward as a nomination in the Teacher of the Year Program you will not only give them the recognition they deserve, but you will also give them the chance to take a more active leadership role in education in our State.”
Nominations can be made through the Maine Teacher of the Year Website and will be open through 5:00 pm on Feb. 5, 2021.
To be considered for the County and Maine Teacher of the Year award, a person must:
- Hold the appropriate professional certification for their position
- Be employed by a Maine public school
- Be actively teaching students at least 50% of full-time at the time of nomination and during the year of recognition
- Have been teaching for a minimum of five years – three of which are in Maine
- Remain teaching in the County for which they are selected during year of recognition
Even receiving a notice that you were nominated is a heartwarming honor that sticks with the teacher for a lifetime. Please take time to make your appreciations known.